As students and staff prepare to leave for the Vanuatu Cultural Adventure Tour at the end of Term 2, we are encouraging our families to support the Vanuatu Book Drive that will distribute books to primary schools in need throughout the Islands of Santo and Efate, Vanuatu. These books are designed to show the culture and activities of the Ni-Van people and what they would participate in during their daily lives. They are specifically aimed at younger children to help them develop their reading and writing skills, allowing them to attribute cultural understandings to the scenarios shown.
How do you get involved?
- Download the book form and returned to Student Services by 20th June. Forms will also be distributed to students in their Homeroom. Indicate the number of X5 reader packages you would like to purchase and return the form in an envelope with the correct money enclosed and returned to Student Services.
- Families can write a message on the order form that they would like to have included inside the book cover. Remember to please include your family name at the end of your message!
- A donation of $15 will purchase five readers!
Forms are DUE BY THE 20TH OF JUNE.
For another way to provide support to Vanuatu, remember to purchase your tickets to see The Incredibles 2.
- Where: Readings Cinema, Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre
- When: 3pm – Sunday 17th June
- Tickets – $15 per person
- Purchase via Try Booking – https://www.trybooking.com/380935
All proceeds from tickets will be used to purchase learning materials for our partner schools in Vanuatu. These resources will be distributed to the schools during the 2018 GLC Cultural Adventure.