14 May 2021
The St John’s Lutheran Kindergarten children recently learned how to safely meet and greet a real dog with the Responsible Pet Incursion.
Each child was given the opportunity to participate and meet and greet with the pet educator's dog Humphrey.
For many children this can be their first interaction with a dog and provides a positive and educational experience for each child.
The interactive program focuses on teaching children:
* when dogs should be left alone.
* things we should not do to dogs
* how you can tell if a dog is happy, scared or angry
* a safe way to approach and greet a dog
* what to do if approached by an unknown or aggressive dog.
It was a fun and interactive incursion with singing, dancing and learning about dog safety.