Enrolment packages, including application forms, can be collected from the school office, or alternatively you can contact email@example.com and have a package mailed to you.
- The Application for Enrolment form and Privacy notice can then be completed and returned to the school, together with the $50 application fee
- A birth certificate must accompany each Application for Enrolment
- Applications close on 30 April in the year prior to commencement date
- An interview is arranged with the Principal and Head of School for all applicants and their parents/guardians
- Offers for the Prep and Year 7 Classes are made in the weeks following the application closing date (30 April)
- Offers for classes other than Prep and Year 7 will be made as applications are received, according to vacancies available.
- Two weeks are given for a response to an offer.
- A non-refundable deposit of $200 (as set out in the Fee Schedule) is required with the acceptance of a position. This deposit will be deducted from the first fee invoice.
- Parents are required to provide an Immunisation Certificate for children commencing Prep class
- Second round offers for the Prep and Year 7 classes will be made if and when vacancies occur
- Applicants who are unsuccessful in obtaining a place will be notified as soon as possible, and offered a place on a Waiting List.
To ensure that all applicants are treated fairly, we need to have a process in place which selects potential students according to the College’s enrolment priority.
Geelong Lutheran College provides its program in Christian education to all applicants regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion, ability or disability, provided that:
- through enrolment procedures parents seeking enrolment for their child/children undertake to support willingly and freely the stated purposes of Geelong Lutheran College; and
- adequate space and resources are available.
Geelong Lutheran College aims to provide an efficient process of enrolment that satisfies the needs of students and the school and to provide potential students with a smooth transition that enables them to become part of our school with a minimum of disruption and maximum support.
The Principal, in conjunction with the Geelong Lutheran College Council, will determine enrolment priorities. In the case of more applications being received than places available, enrolment priorities will apply.
Present priorities are:
- Students continuing from St John’s Lutheran School to Year 7;
- Siblings of children who are attending (or who have attended) Geelong Lutheran College and/or St John’s Lutheran School;
- Students from St Paul’s Lutheran Kindergarten, Grovedale who enrol into the Prep class;
- Children of current staff of Geelong Lutheran College and St John’s Lutheran School/Lutheran Clergy/lay workers;
- Children of practising Lutheran families, or students transferring from other Lutheran schools;
- Children whose parents have attended Geelong Lutheran College or St John’s Lutheran School;
- Date of application